Friday, February 19, 2010

The Amazing Johnny Weir was Robbed!!!




Words cannot describe how beautifully Johnny Weir skated tonight. This was only the second time that I have seen him skate; the first time I became obsessed with him and the second time I fell in love with him. I have not found a skater whose grace and beauty on the ice has moved me since Kristi Yamaguchi, Scott Hamilton, Katarina Witt, and Kurt Browning took to the ice in the 90s. Johnny Weir has done for me what those skaters did, he has reminded me why I love figure skating and that is why I am so ANGRY right now!

On Tuesday Johnny skated a beautiful short program but the judges underscored him and he ended up in 6th place. Tonight he went second to last. The three skaters before him all fell and made major visible mistakes during their performances. Johnny skated beautifully and did amazing jumps with perfect landings. He only made one minor mistake on a spin but he did not fall. "So why was he in 6th place behind all of the men that fell?" you ask. I will tell you why, because he was robbed!!! There is nothing more for me to say. He should have at least gotten the Bronze medal. His underscored short program performance made it almost impossible for him to get the silver or gold, but he deserved the bronze.

The judges have no clue what they are doing. I am trying to find contact information for the IOC but there is none on their website. I think that someone does not want to hear that the citizens of the world know that these competitions are rigged. I will stop here because I will go on a long rant otherwise.

I have become a lifelong fan of Johnny Weir. I only hope that one day I will be able to see him skate live.

1 comment:

  1. I so agree that Johnny was underscored. Even Scott Hamilton pointed that out. His one little glitch in the free skate was due to a hole in the ice.

    If Johnny's programs been scored under the old system, he would have definitely medaled.

    I can't blame him for wanting to be done with competition skating. I do hope he continues to skate in the show skating mode where his elegantly strong style can be showcased.

    ReplyDelete